Bollywood actress Preity Zinta takes time out from her busy schedule every Sunday to interact with her fans on Twitter. This week Preity shared some of her health and fitness tips on #PZsundaychat
The 38-year-old actress, one of the fittest leading ladies in B-Town, discussed various health issues and also gave away tips on eating habits and working out.
“It’s Sunday and of course, a fun day, so it’s time for Sunday chat. Are you guys all ready? Should I suggest a topic today. Sometimes we have serious, hectic chats and sometimes it’s all fun and frolic! Today, I think, we’ll chat about health, beauty and fitness” Zinta tweeted.
“I’m not a fitness guru but I’m happy to share all that I’ve learnt over these years! If anyone else has some fitness gyan please share”
Below are a few health and fitness tips that Preity Zinta and her followers shared on Twitter.
- Do you know that eating within 10 mins after waking up is guaranteed to make you lose weight? If you skip breakfast, then god help you, so don’t do it…
- Do u know that if you don’t sleep well you tend to over eat the next day and in turn increase your chances of putting on weight ?
- If you are exercising, it’s very important to take steam and massages. Massages help in breaking down lactic acid in the body, which helps with stiffness. It’s a misconception that workout drains your energy. On the contrary, it rejuvenates. I feel more energetic afterwards.
- For me the fastest way to lose weight is to watch what I eat and run ! Running is my drug ! I run 25kms a week and weight train or do Pilates !
- Having lots of water first thing in the morning can cure up to 23 diseases in your body specially if its kept overnight in a copper vessel.
- If you drink water with ice in it while training it gives more energy. Also it burns more calories!
- Here’s a healthy lifestyle: eat 6-7 meals a day, each meal about one-third the size of your average meal.
- Really effective drink water frequently but stop drinking water just after a meal for 1 hour
- Single biggest reason for Indian obesity = late heavy dinner and then in bed. Eat early, light, brisk 30 M walk required.
- Sleep well every night: Adults should get 7 to 9 hours daily, whereas school-aged children should get 10 to 11
- Ensure your dinner is finished atleast a couple of hours before bedtime
- The intake of fresh fruits like apple, papaya and green leafy vegetables help to lose weight.
- Weight training helps in toning & is a very imp part of fitness. 3 times cardio and 3 times weight training is almost perfect.
- Best way to run is at intervals with brisk walking & NEVER on an incline. Weights should be done with 30 second intervals. You get better results
- Food should be respected as it nourishes us and gives us life. Eat slowly so you can taste the food and enjoy it. Eating slowly means eating LESS
- Green tea helps with weight loss too. Tried and tested method!
- Alcohol make you put on weight too so watch your drinks people. Fastest ways to put on weight !
- Remember exercising should be fun as long as you listen to your body. Don’t force yourself to do things you don’t feel good doing. Will prevent injuries
- Fitness is learning to love and respect your body and yourself. Its having a healthy state of mind. Be proud of who you are and keep realistic goals.