Update: Ki and Ka has collected Rs 1.5 crore in its third week. The film was affected by the release of FAN, but continues to perform well at cities on the limited number of shows that it has at multiplexes. It’ll cross the 100 crore worldwide grosser in its 4th week – 6th film to do so after Airlift, Neerja, Kapoor & Sons, The Jungle Book and FAN.
Ki and Ka has done very well in its second week at the box office, inspite of ‘The Jungle Book’ posting ridiculously huge numbers for a Hollywood film. The Arjun Kapoor starrer has collected Rs 12.54 crore in Week 2, which is a drop of 66% from Week 1.
The trend during the film’s second weekdays was excellent too, as there was decent growth in business on both Wednesday and Thursday (which was a holiday in parts of the country).
The success of ‘The Jungle Book’ has divided business in Ki and Ka’s second weekend, without which the film would have probably finished with lifetime business of around 60 crore.
In the overseas markets, the R. Balki directed film has crossed the $3.6 million mark (23.97 crore).
- Ki and Ka is the biggest hit of director R. Balki career. His previous highest grosser was Paa, which collected Rs 31 crore.
- Ki and Ka is Arjun Kapoor’s 4th career hit in 7 films. His success and hit ratio has now gone up to 57%. (Read more)
- It’s also the 3rd highest domestic grosser of Arjun’s career after 2 States (102 crore) and Gunday (78 crore).
- When it released (April 1 2016), Ki and Ka registered the 2nd highest opening day collections of 2016, after Airlift.
All about Ki and Ka:
- Director: R. Balki
- Producer: R. Balki, R K Damani, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Sunil Lulla
- Distributor: Eros International
- Star Cast: Arjun Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Swaroop Sampat, Rajit Kapur
- Music Director: Ilaiyaraaja, Mithoon, Meet Bros Anjjan
- Runtime: 2 hour 4 minutes
- Screens: 1650
- Budget: ₹ 32 crore
- Satellite Rights: ₹ 13 crore
- Music Rights: ₹ 4 crore
- Footfalls: Will be updated
- Net India Total Collections (after deducting entertainment tax): ₹ 51.61 crore (3 weeks)
- Gross India Total Collections (including entertainment tax): ₹ 72.68 crore (3 weeks, approx)
- Overseas Total Collections: ₹ 25.63 crore
- Worldwide Collections (India gross + Overseas): ₹ 98.31 crore (3 weeks)
- Theatrical Distributor’s Share (Overseas + India): ₹ 36.85 crore (3 weeks)
- Profit: ₹ 21.85 crore (approx, will be updated)
- Box Office Verdict: HIT
- Average Critic Rating: 2.5 on 5 (Read more)
- IMDb User Rating: 5.7 on 10
Day Wise Box Office Collections of Ki and Ka
|Day||Ki and Ka||Growth / Drop Percentage|
|Day 1 (Friday)||7.30||-|
|Day 2 (Saturday)||8.41||+ 15%|
|Day 3 (Sunday)||9.52||+ 13%|
|Day 4 (Monday)||3.54||- 63%|
|Day 5 (Tuesday)||3.30||- 7%|
|Day 6 (Wednesday)||2.82||- 15%|
|Day 7 (Thursday)||2.68||- 5%|
|Day 8 (2nd Friday)||2.23||- 19%|
|Day 9 (2nd Saturday)||2.80||+ 26%|
|Day 10 (2nd Sunday)||3.21||+ 15%|
|Day 11 (2nd Monday)||1.01||- 69%|
|Day 12 (2nd Tuesday)||0.98||- 3%|
|Day 13 (2nd Wednesday)||1.06||+ 8%|
|Day 14 (2nd Thursday)||1.25||+ 18%|
|India Total Collections||51.61 crore|