Released on 2786 screens last weekend, Khiladi 786 collected Rs 50 crores at the domestic box office in it’s first week. There are no major releases this week, so both Khiladi 786 and the November 30th release Talaash are likely to do well. Khiladi will be the first choice at mass centres, while Talaash will continue it’s good run at big-city multiplexes
While a few distributors will lose money, Khiladi is a safe venture for it’s producers. Detailed business economics of Khiladi 786 below.
- Total costs: Khiladi 786 was made on a budget of around 68-70 crore including print and marketing.
- The budget includes Akshay Kumar’s acting fee.
Recovery – Revenue generated (Note: Approximates)
- Music rights: 5 crores
- Home video rights: 2 crores
- Overseas Distributors share: 6-7 crores (expected)
- India Distributors share: 32-33 crores (expected, if the film does 75-80 crores nett)
- Satellite rights: 27 crores
- Total recovery: 73-74 crores
Overall, Khiladi 786 will be a profitable film for the makers, but since the film has only performed well at a select few centres, quite a few distributors will stand to lose money.