The week for Don’s return is finally here and like every SRK release, all eyes are on the box-office collections. Fans of the actor would be nervously hoping for a record-breaking opening. After all, his last smash-hit was Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008. Every since, it’s been Aamir Khan and Salman Khan who have been hogging the limelight.
Can Don 2 re-establish SRK’s position in the industry? Let’s have a look at some of the box-office records that the film chases this weekend.
- Day 1 Record currently held by Bodyguard (20.5 crores) – This could be broken, but with December 23rd being a working day, we expect Bodyguard to hold-on to it’s record for the the time being.
- Highest Single day collections currently held by Ra One (23.5 crores) – Unless the word-of-mouth is negative, Don 2 should surpass Ra One on Christmas (Sunday). We expect the film to collect 25 crores on 25th December.
- Weekend Record (3 days) held by Dabangg (48.5 crores) – Unlike Ra One and Bodyguard, Don 2 has a three-day weekend. Again, unless the film carries negative reports, this record should be easily broken. Weekend prediction – 55 crores.
- 1st Week Record currently held by Bodyguard (101 crores) – If Don 2 does 60 crores in it’s 3 day weekend and the film is liked, then it needs to do about 10 crores everyday during it’s weekdays. Difficult, but possible. Week 1 Prediction: 90 crores.
- Lifetime record currently held by the mighty 3 Idiots (202 crores) – Unlikely, highly unlikely. 3 Idiots not only had great repeat value, but carried the best word-of-mouth for any film in the last decade. For Don 2, it will have to be an exceptionally good film to even come close. Lifetime collections Prediction – If Good (175 crores), Mixed (145 crores), Negative (100 crores).
There you go, we expect Don 2 to break the single-day and weekend records. The rest would depend on the content.
We have tried a different style of prediction for Don 2. Do tell us how you liked it. Your predictions are welcome too.