The official app of Arbaaz Khan’s Dabangg 2 is out! While the iPhone/iPad app is expected to be out in the App Store soon, the makers have released the Android version in the Google Play Store.
The free-for-download app, downloaded pretty quickly (Size: 20MB) on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (the device we used for testing). The first time you open up the application, you’d need to register with your mobile no and email address. The app would then send a verification code via SMS.
Why the app is worth downloading..
- The Android app has almost every detail that you need to know about Khan’s upcoming Christmas release — Cast and Crew complete with the actors biography and details about the character that he/she plays in the film. Videos, HD Wallpapers, behind the scenes footage, latest news, on the sets.. the app has got it all.
- All the song promos that have been released so far are included. You’d need to be connected to the internet to watch the videos, as the app takes you to the built-in Youtube application.
- The Dabangg 2 app also lets you find nearby theatres and book tickets online. Although currently it loads a blank page, tickets should be available as soon as the advance booking opens in theatres.
- Best of all.. its FREE and given it’s small size even users with 2G speeds should be able to download it.
- Music not included: Recently, quite a few movie apps released with the entire music album. Unfortunately, you can’t listen to full songs here.
- The App only works in Portrait mode (Landscape mode is disabled). Also, the ‘back’ button on Android devices is only used to quit the application, so in-app navigation is a little difficult.
- For a high-budget Bollywood film, that is expected to be one of the year’s biggest hits, it’s a pity that the makers have included Google ads at the bottom of every page.
Overall, it’s a must-download for Salman Khan fans. The app has got plenty of D2 content to keep you entertained. The only missing feature is the music album.
Update: Playing around the app a little more, there are quite a few bugs that will hopefully get fixed soon. The ‘How to use’ option for wallpapers, displays instructions for the iPhone and not Android devices. Also, ‘Set as Wallpaper’ doesn’t work. We have emailed the tech team regarding this.