Brothers has beaten the previous record of Akshay Kumar’s highest grossing film ‘Rowdy Rathore’ on its opening day at the box office. The film has collected Rs 15.2 crore on Day 1, which is also the second highest opening day of 2015.
- Brothers is the highest opening day for a film starring Akshay Kumar, beating the previous record of Rowdy Rathore (15.1 crore). Top 5: Brothers (2015) – 15.3 cr, Rowdy Rathore (2012) – 15.1 cr, Housefull 2 (2012) – 13.1 cr, Gabbar Is Back (2015) – 13.05 cr, Tees Maar Khan (2010) – 12.75 cr.
- Brothers has recorded the 2nd highest opening of 2015, behind Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan (27.25 crore) and ahead of ABCD 2 (14.3 crore)
- Brothers is the 23rd highest opening day grosser of all time, behind Jab Tak Hai Jaan (15.23 cr) and ahead of Race 2 (15.11 cr).
- Brothers is the second highest opening day for films starring Sidharth Malhotra, behind the opening day business of Ek Villain (Rs 16.48 cr) and ahead of Student Of The Year.
- Brothers is Jacqueline Fernandes’ second highest opening too, behind Kick (Rs 26.52 cr).
- Karan Malhotra’s last film ‘Agneepath’ starring Hrithik Roshan in the lead, collected Rs 22.93 crore on Day 1 in January 2012. It was a holiday for Republic Day.
- For Dharma Productions, Hrithik’s Agneepath (Rs 22.93 cr) remains the highest opening day grosser, followed by Ranbir’s Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (Rs 19.46 cr). Brothers comes third.