We have been asking this question several times in the last couple of days – How much does Rowdy Rathore need to attain HIT / SUPERHIT / BLOCKBUSTER / ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER status? Here’s the answer.
- Cost – The makers claim the film has been made on a budget of 52 – 55 crores including print and marketing costs.
- Pre-release recovery – About 40 crores has been recovered from Satellite and music rights alone.
In short, Rowdy Rathore is already a profitable venture for the producers as it needs to collect just Rs 12 – 15 crores from India and overseas market.
But, for the film to be declared a success (by trade pundits), and if the distributors have to recover their investment, Rowdy Rathore needs to collect atleast 65 crores nett from the Indian market.
Details breakdown (approximate)
- Disaster – Less than 30 crores
- Flop – Less than 50 crores
- Below average – 50 to 55 crores
- Average – 55 to 65 crores
- Above Average – 65 to 75 crores
- HIT – 75 to 100 crores
- Superhit – 100 to 125 crores
- Blockbuster – 125 to 150 crores
- All time Blockbuster – 150 crores+
For Rowdy Rathore, about 60 – 65% of the business is likely to be at single-screens, where the distributors share is higher than multiplexes. So, 75 crores and above, the share for distributors should be a healthy 38 crores+ and the film should be declared a hit.
Any questions, please ask below in the comments section.