We are only publishing this article because of several emails asking for the ‘true story’ ‘the facts’ ‘some clarity’ as people simply do not know what to believe.
For those unaware of the whole controversy, here are the two sides of the story
Story of an eye witness at the party
- Shirish was one of the first few to enter Sanjay Dutt’s party for Agneepath’s success. But after a few drinks, he started misbehaving with a few girls.
- SRK arrived at the party after hosting the Filmfare awards and about the same time, Shirish apparently sent an SMS to Sanjay Dutt’s wife Manyatta.
- When Manyata showed the messaged to Dutt and SRK, the later asked him to ignore Shirish.
- The bar owner then confronted Shirish, who pushed him away. Dutt joins in and he’s pushed away too. Now SRK enters the scene and bashes Shirish.
- Minutes later, Shirish is asked to leave. Dutt, Manyata and SRK leave too.
- When Farah Khan gets to know of the incident, they send a mass SMS to the media which read “Shah Rukh has always told me that physical abuse is the worst way to sort out a problem. It means the attacker has either a personal or professional crisis going on. It saddens me to see him doing the same.”
- Half an hour later, the whole incident was all over the media and social networking websites were flooded with most of them in full support of Shahrukh Khan.
Shirish Kunder’s version
- At 4:30am SRK entered the venue straight after the Filmfare awards with three bodyguards. He headed towards filmmaker Shirish Kunder and roughed him up
- Talking to the media, Kunder said “Shahrukh punched and jumped on me. And he had three bodyguards with him. I don’t know what got him. I was numb with shock so I couldn’t react. He kept screaming at me, ‘What do you think of yourself? I’ll see to it that you’re out of this industry.”
- Another eye-witness said “Before anyone could react Baba Dewan the owner of Aurus ran in and intervened. SRK told Dewan to keep out . Dewan said the place belonged to him and he must intervene. The fight would’ve been prolonged had Sanjay Dutt not pulled SRK away from the ugly scene.”
- Shirish then left the place, called Farah Khan and issued the public statement.
Both stories are contradictory and hard-to-believe. Shirish Kunder pushing Sanjay Dutt? Really? SRK punching and screaming without being provoked, something that he hasn’t ever done in 20 odd years that he’s been in Mumbai??
Frankly, we will never know what exactly happened at the Agneepath success party – unless, one of those involved decides to clear it up. For now, SRK and Shirish have patched up, hence, it would be best to let bygones be bygones.