Another user-submitted list of Top 10 Hindi Movies of 2012 – very informative and we quite liked his detailed analysis. If you want your article published on Indicine, Click here
Top 10 Hindi Movies for 2012 by Abhishek Sharma
Below listed are my Top 10 movies of next year (purely on business terms). There can be a few surprises but I am confident that 80% of this list will remain as it is by the end of the year.
- 10) Barfee / Ye Jawani Hai Deewani : If the latter makes it this year, it will definitely be the one but since I am not sure about the release date of YJHD , I have included Barfee also. Ranbir is definitely the superstar for tomorrow and with Rockstar , he has taken a leap forward. Both these movie will ensure good start at the box office.
- 9) Once Upon a Time in Mumbai 2 : Milan Luthria is on a hattrick after OUATIM and The Dirty Picture. His direction is much appreciated in the previous movies and this time he is directing a sequel to a very successful movie. There is a lot of curiosity around the story of Dawood Ibrahim. This movie is definitely much awaited. My Prediction: 70-80 crores
- 8) HouseFull 2: Sajid Khan is making it bigger this time and also Akshay is not repeating his character from the original. He is much wicked this time. The huge star cast, Sajid Nadiadwala’s production, fresh pairing of Akshay-Asin, Sajid-Wajid’s music and the addition of John are the things to look out for. My Prediction: 70-80 crores
- 7) Bol Bachchan : Just like David Dhawan in 90s, it seems Rohit Shetty knows the pulse of the audience. And his combination with Ajay Devgan is becoming hot and hotter at the box office with each passing movie. Golmaal 3 crossed 100 crores and Singham almost touched it. And there are less comedies also in the big budget list of 2012. My Prediction: 90 crores
- 6) Rowdy Rathore: Again one star returning to his forte. King of Action, Akshay Kumar , back in action. I have seen the original and it is a highly entertaining film perfectly suited for Akshay. Prabhudeva as director, Sajid Wajid as music directors, Sonakshi as the leading lady and Master Vijayan as the action director are all added advantages. My Prediction : 90-100 crores
- 5) Agneepath : Just like SRK, Hrithik has also been experimenting a lot with ZNMD, Guzarish , Kites and Jodha Akbar. The promos have generated a huge hype and Sanjay Dutt’s look has become a USP of the movie. An item number by Katrina is icing on the Cake. A remake of a cult classic , this movie will definitely open big. My Prediction : 100 crores
- 4) SRK’s untitled: SRK returning to his forte after a hiatus now. We have not seen him in such types of roles since RNBDJ now. He has tried MNIK, Ra.One and Don2 in between but this time he is back to what he does the best. SRK the actor, Yash Chopra the director and Diwali the release date. This becomes even more bigger with A.R. Rahman composing. It will be a box office monster. My Prediction: 150+ crores.
- 3) Dabangg 2 : Chulbul Pandey is returning to the screen after two years and this time it will only get bigger with the immensely talented Prakash Raj as the negative guy. Again the release time cannot get better with the movie coming during Christmas. If Arbaaz Khan can keep it simple yet entertaining, he has a real winner in his hands. My Prediction: 150+ crores.
- 2) Ek Tha Tiger : Wanted, Dabangg, Bodyguard and now Ek Tha Tiger. Salman is all set to make it 4 in a row with his first Yash Raj venture. Eid has become synonymous with a Salman Khan release and that is only one of the many factors which will ensure a flying start for this movie. There will be a gap of 1 year between Bodyguard and ETT. Salman pairing with Katrina in a thriller story written By Aditya Chopra. Its the first movie Salman has signed after his record breaking Dabangg. My Prediction: 150+ crores.
- 1) Talaash : Sole reason for this movie to be at the numero uno position is one and only Mr. Aamir Khan. We have not seen him in a full-fledged role since 3 yrs now and Record set by his last movie is still not touched and is a record by some distance. Farhan being at the helm of production and Reema Kagti ( writer of ZNMD) being the director, this movie will definitely set new standards for the BoxOffice Business unless something goes wrong extremely. My Prediction : 150+ crores.
There can be some surprises like few of these movies may not be upto the mark or some movies like Agent Vinod, Ek Main Aur Ek Tu, Kunal Kohli’s next can be good.
Do you agree with the list above? Submit your own Top 10 List of Hindi Movies for 2012, below in the comments section!