Shahrukh Khan Movies in 2011 – 2012
Shahrukh Khan is one of the most popular actors in Bollywood and also the most consistent. Ever since he made his debut, SRK has always been a bankable star and his line-up of movies in 2011 and 2012 is stronger than it has ever been.
With the recent success of his contemporaries like Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan, mainly due to the fact that they have delivered big 100 crore blockbusters, Shahrukh Khan is no longer considered to be the undisputed box office king that he once was.
Also, SRK has cut down heavily on the number of movies he does per year. During his peak, the actor had atleast 3 releases every year. In the last 6 years though, he’s just appeared in 6 films (lead roles).
While some believe he is no longer the biggest superstar, SRK’s last flop was Paheli way back in 2005. Since then, he’s had 6 releases and all of them have done well at the box office. That’s a 100% success record for 6 years. As long as his films rake in the moolah and open to huge numbers, SRK is still there.. Right at the top. And unless something goes terribly wrong, he’s expected to remain one of the biggest stars in the industry.
His two releases in 2011 are both potential blockbusters. Below is a full list of all upcoming movies of Shahrukh Khan in 2011 2012.
Shahrukh Khan Movies in 2011
- Ra.One: Arguably the most anticipated movie of the year and by far the costliest film ever made in Bollywood, Ra One is SRK’s answer to our film industry’s only successful superhero film – Hrithik Roshan’s Krrish. The movie has been in the making for quite sometime now and Anubhav Sinha, the director has been involved with Ra One for more than 5 years. What’s worrying is the fact that, portions of the film have been directed by Karan Johar and Tarun Mansukhani. Will SRK pull off his most ambitious movie ever? We’ll know on October 26th 2011. Ra One also stars Kareena Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Satish Shah.
- Don 2: After playing superhero, SRK plays super-villain in Don 2, which is also his last release of 2011. Directed by Farhan Akhtar, the Don 2 trailer has already been released and by the looks of it, it’s ought to be a fine action film. Don 2 is a sequel to the 2006 film Don, which itself was a remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s 1978 film with the same title. Don 2 also stars Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta, Boman Irani, Om Puri and Kunal Kapoor. With no Aamir Khan this year for Christmas, SRK and Farhan have seized the opportunity to release their action thriller.
Shahrukh Khan Movies in 2012
- Untitled film directed by Yash Chopra: How many times over the years have we seen Shahrukh Khan play the role of a lover-boy in a Chopra film? About 5 times (Aditya chopra films included, Darr isn’t) and they have achieved success each time they have come together. SRK – Chopra combo has never ever failed! For his next, Yash Chopra has once again, unsurprisingly, cast Shahrukh in his next. The film also stars two of the prettiest faces in the industry – Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. The romantic film, with music from the brilliant A R Rahman and lyrics by Gulzar, is expected to release during Diwali in 2012.
Upcoming Movies of SRK (Release Dates)
- Ra.One Release Date – October 26, 2011
- Don 2 Release Date – December 23rd 2011
- Yash Chopra directed film Release Date – November 2012
What do you think of SRK’s upcoming movies in 2011 and 2012? Which film are you looking forward to the most? And which of the above mentioned films will be Shahrukh Khan’s biggest box office hit? Tell us, in the discussion section below.