Himesh Reshammiya’s list of romantic songs
1. Suroor (The entire album)
2. Aashiq Banaya Aapne (title track)
3. Chura liya, from Yaadon Ki Baraat
4. Gazab ka hai din, from Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
5. Aaj mausam bada, from Loafer
Reshammiya’s most romantic For Valentines …!!!
February 13, 2007 18:47 IST
Despite the thudding rhythms, Himesh Reshammiya’s chartbuster hits are often ballads, and mostly sad.
In keeping with the spirit of the season, rediff.com decided to ask the bearded crooner his 5 favourite Valentine songs:
1. Suroor (The entire album):
Every song of the album has been a hit. Every month Himesh released a video, and each did better than the other.
It was actually this album that inspired him to make his acting debut in Aap Ka Suroor — The Moviee, releasing on July 6.
2. Aashiq Banaya Aapne (title track):
The first time Himesh appeared in a video was with the Aashiq Banaya Aapne title song.
The film didn’t do as well, but the music of the film established Reshammiya’s ‘rockstar’ status.
3. Chura liya, from Yaadon Ki Baraat:
Actor Vijay Arora had his moment in the spotlight with Chura Liya, pictured with a lovely Zeenat Aman.
The film was a hit and the song remains one of RD Burman’s most romantic compositions.
4. Gazab ka hai din, from Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak:
Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla became India’s sweethearts with this tragic love story.
Gazab Ka Hai Din is the song their characters sing when they lose their way in Mount Abu.
The song also helped then-struggling singer Udit Narayan hit the big league.
5. Aaj mausam bada, from Loafer:
‘I have personally loved the composition of this song by Laxmikant-Pyarelal, as it is an outstanding song,’ says Himesh.
Sung by Mohammad Rafi, the song is picturised on Mumtaz and Dharmendra