The Filmfare Power List for 2009 – 2010 is out and the results are quite similar to last year. Aamir Khan – very deservingly – once again tops the list, followed by Shahrukh Khan at Number 2. Rajkumar Hirani makes it to the list for the first time and climbs as high as the No 3 spot.
- Aamir Khan – With box office monsters like Ghajini and 3 Idiots, you can’t really argue with Aamir topping the list. Whether it is as a Producer, Director or Actor – Aamir in the last few years has achieved unimaginable success.
- Shah Rukh Khan – This Khan has consistently featured in the Top 3 for the last many years now. Even with no full-fledged release last year, SRK still is amongst the most powerful and bankable stars in the country.
- Rajkumar Hirani – He is the director every actor wants to work with. Hirani has achieved almost everything a director possibly could (Universal acclaim – both audience and critics) with all three films he has directed so far.
- A R Rahman – The double whammy at the Oscars did it for Rahman. His music over the last few years has been consistently good.
- Dharma Productions – Kurbaan was a disaster, but the success of Wake Up Sid is reason enough for Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions to make it to the Top 5.
- Yash Raj Films – Despite many failures, the banner still commands immense respect.
- Aamir Khan Productions – Any film produced under this banner is high on quality – is what everyone believes. Can’t argue as the production house commands a 100% success ratio.
- Kareena Kapoor – Well, well.. is Kareena really more powerful than a certain Kaif who has enjoyed great box office success? Don’t think so.
- Hrithik Roshan – No release last year, yet Hrithik holds on to the 9th spot.
- Katrina Kaif – Everything that she touches seems to turn into box office gold. Katrina is inarguably the No 1 actress today. But is she more powerful in the industry than the likes of Salman, Akshay and Amitabh?
Stars that should have figured somewhere on the list, but didn’t make it – Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai.