Ghajini was the first film to cross 100 crores at the Indian box office. Couple of years later, Aamir Khan returned with 3 Idiots and not only crossed 100, but hit a double century, a record that still stands.
Today, 100 crores is no longer a big deal. With Ek Tha Tiger, Salman Khan smashed a century in 5-6 days and his 2011 EID release Bodyguard crossed 100 crores in just 7 days.
Ajay Devgn and Salman Khan hold the record for the most films in the 100 crore club – both have 4 films each. Shahrukh Khan has three (Ra One, Don 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan).
In 2012, there were 3 new entrants into the coveted club – Hrithik Roshan was the first this year as Agneepath did 120 crore of business in India. Akshay Kumar followed it up with two films (Rowdy Rathore, Housefull 2) and Ranbir Kapoor also hit a century with the critically acclaimed Barfi!
Full List of 100 Crore Films in Bollywood
- 1. Ghajini (Aamir Khan, Asin)
- 2. 3 Idiots (Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor)
- 3. Dabangg (Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha)
- 4. Golmaal 3 (Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor)
- 5. Ready (Salman Khan, Asin)
- 6. Singham (Ajay Devgn, Kajal Agarwal)
- 7. Bodyguard (Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor)
- 8. Ra One (Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor)
- 9. Don 2 (Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra)
- 10. Agneepath (Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt)
- 11. Housefull 2 (Akshay Kumar, Asin, John Abraham)
- 12. Rowdy Rathore (Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha)
- 13. Bol Bachchan (Ajay Devgn, Asin, Abhishek Bachchan)
- 14. Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Ileana D’Cruz)
- 15. Ek Tha Tiger (Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif)
- 16. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma)
- 17. Son Of Sardar (Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha, Sanjay Dutt)