Aamir Khan is known as the founder of all the major box office ‘clubs’ in the industry – right from the time they came into existence and got the media and trade attention.
It was Salman Khan’s Hum Aapke Hain Kaun that became the first film to cross the 50 crore mark. But since then, it’s been all Aamir. Take a look, the ‘clubs’ in the multiples of 50:
- 50 crore: Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994)
- 100 crore: Ghajini (2008)
- 150 crore: 3 Idiots (2009)
- 200 crore: 3 Idiots (2009)
- 250 crore: Dhoom 3 (2013)
- 300 crore: PK (2014)
- 350 crore: Dangal (2016)
Dangal still has a chance to become the first film to cross the 400 crore mark and whether that feat will be achieved or not – will be decided this weekend.