4 movies crossed the 100 crore mark in 2011 – Ready, Bodyguard, Singham, Ra One – and Don 2 is likely to cross the magical number this week.
There are several biggies lined up for release in 2012. But how many will cross 100 crores at the Indian box-office? Here’s our prediction..
- Agneepath – Starring Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Katrina Kaif in a special item number, Agneepath should be the first film to cross 100 crores in 2012. The hype is HUGE.
- Talaash – First Aamir Khan film after the biggest blockbuster in Bollywood history – 3 Idiots! Need we say more?
- Rowdy Rathore – The fact that action films are favorites for box-office gold, should work in Rowdy Rathore’s favour. The film should provide the much needed boost to Akshay Kumar’s career, which has been going down-hill with every release since 2010’s Housefull.
- Ek Tha Tiger – The average of his last three films, at the Indian box-office, is approximately 140 crores! Plus Ek Tha Tiger is releasing during EID. Should cross 100 crores in Week 1.
- Bol Bachchan – This could go either way – but given Ajay Devgan and director Rohit Shetty’s track record together (Golmaal series, Singham), Bol Bachchan could go on to be one of 2012’s biggest hits!
- Dabangg 2 – Three factors why this should easily cross 100 crores – Christmas release, sequel to one of 2010’s most loved films and Salman Khan!
- Yash Chopra film starring Shahrukh Khan – A legendary director and one of Bollywood’s biggest superstars – Yash Chopra and SRK come together for yet another romantic film. Fresh starcast with SRK paired with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. Should be treat and not to mention, a box-office monster!
Any other movie that you think will cross 100 crores in India? Tell us in the comments section below