Diana Penty Introduction
Born to a Parsi father and a Christian mother in London, Diana Penty started her career as a model in 2005. Soon, she replaced Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone as the brand ambassador of Maybelline.
Later, she appeared in several Virgin Mobile television commercials, sharing screen-space with established actors like Ranbir Kapoor and Genelia D'Souza. Diana also featured in Garnier 'take care' advertisements.
In 2010, when director Imtiaz Ali was looking for a new face for Rockstar, he was keen on casting Diana. Unfortunately, at the very last moment, she was replaced by Nargis Fakhri.
A year later, when the makers of Cocktail were looking for a fresh face, Imtiaz Ali who is also the co-writer of the script, suggested that they meet Diana.
Two auditions later, she was signed to play the traditional Indian girl Meera in Cocktail.
When the trailers of Cocktail released, it was Diana Penty who impressed everyone with her sweet innocent looks and beautiful smile. She rose to fame and became a household name when one of the songs 'Tumhi Ho Bandhu' topped the charts.
On July 13th 2012, Cocktail released in theaters and Diana's performance was unanimously praised by both critics and audiences.
Some unknown facts about Diana Penty
- Diana shares her birthday with none other than Shahrukh Khan!
- Penty has worked with several top fashion designers like Rina Dhaka, Wendell Rodricks and Rohit Bal.
- She was one of the most popular faces for the Lakme Fasion Week in 2009.
- In one of the interviews, Diana said her favorite city is Cape Town in South Africa. Ironically, the song that got her all the fame - Tumhi Ho Bandhu - was shot in the same city!
- She has been featured on the cover of several magazine (check out the pictures below)
|Movie Name||Release Date||Role||Others|
|Cocktail (Hit)||13/07/2012||Meera Gupta|