Salman Khan Movies in 2011 – 2012
Salman Khan has been on a dream run lately. Dabangg was one of the biggest blockbuster ever. When Ready released, noone quite expected the film to cross 100 crores. The fact that it did and by quite some distance, even though it was thrashed by critics, shows just how big a crowd-puller he is.
Salman has several biggies lined up for release in 2011, 2012 and most look like sure-shot blockbusters. Check out Salman Khan’s Movie List below
Salman Khan Movies in 2011
- Ready – The movie was okay at best, the critics ripped it apart but the audience thronged to theaters and the film ended up with Rs 125 crores at the Indian box office. Directed by Anees Bazmee, Ready is one of the biggest hits of 2011.
- Bodyguard – Salman’s next movie release is Bodyguard and the film is looking good already. The music has just been released and two tracks – ‘I Love You’ and ‘Teri Meri’ – are already a big hit. Opposite Salman is Kareena Kapoor and the two have shared screen-space in two films together – Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Kyon Ki – both box office disasters. That is likely to change with Bodyguard though, as the film is set for a huge initial. Will the weekend record, currently held by Dabangg, be broken? We will know on August 31st 2011. Bodyguard is another remake of a South Indian film, with the same title, directed by the same director – Siddique.
- Tell Me O Khuda – If you thought Bodyguard would be Salman’s last release of the year, your mistaken. The actor makes a special appearance in Hema Malini’s Tell Me O Khuda featuring Esha Deol in a lead role after a long time. The movie also stars veteran actors like Rishi Kapoor, Dharmendra and Vinod Khanna. Salman’s presence is likely to boost the films box office prospects.
Salman Khan Movies in 2012
- Ek Tha Tiger – The superstars first release for 2012 would be with his ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif. The movie is produced by Yashraj Films, Salman’s first under the film industry’s largest production house. Ek Tha Tiger is directed by Kabir Khan (New York, Kabul Express) with music composed by Pritam Chakraborty. The film will be shot in several foreign locations and is expected to release a week after Housefull 2 on 8th June 2012.
- Sher Khan – Produced and Directed by his brother Sohail Khan, Sher Khan is slated for release three weeks before Dhoom 3 on December 8th 2012. Salman’s co-star in the film is Nargis Fakhri who makes her debut this year in Rockstar. Both his releases in 2012 – Sher Khan and Ek Tha Tiger – will be shot simultaneously.
- Dabangg 2 – The sequel to 2010′s biggest blockbuster, Dabangg 2 is unlikely to release in 2012 but with the shooting expected to begin in March 2012, it just might release before the end of the year. But with Sher Khan scheduled for release in December, Dabangg 2 might be postponed to early 2013. After Abhinav Kashyap opted out, the film will be produced and directed by his other brother Arbaaz Khan. Apart from Salman, Dabangg 2 will star Sonakshi Sinha as the female lead and Sonu Sood as the villain.
Release Dates of Salman Khan Movies
- Ready Release Date – June 3rd 2011
- Bodyguard Release Date – August 31st 2011
- Tell Me O Khuda Release Date – September 30th 2011
- Ek Tha Tiger Release Date – June 8th 2012
- Sher Khan Release Date – December 8th 2012
- Dabangg 2 Release Date – late 2012 or early 2013
For fans of Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan (yes, that’s his birth name), the actor has about 5 films due for release in 2011 and 2012. Which films are you looking forward to the most? Which do you think will be biggest box office grosser? Tell us, in the comments section below.