His latest release ‘Tubelight’ might have fallen well below trade expectations, but Bollywood megastar Salman Khan continued his streak of 100 crore grossers – as ‘Tubelight’ has become his 11th consecutive film to cross the 100 crore mark, which is nearly two times more than the second best run.
Shah Rukh Khan takes the second spot, he’s been very consistent over the years but his 2016 release ‘Fan’ ended his 100-crore run at 6 films between 2011 – 2015.
Akshay Kumar is on a terrific run, he’s the only actor to deliver 3 consecutive 100 crore grossers in a single calendar year. If he remains consistent, he could surpass Shah Rukh by the end of 2017. He has one more release this year – Toilet Ek Prem Katha.
Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan have delivered three 100 crore grossers consecutively. While ‘Secret Superstar’ won’t be considered an Aamir Khan film, he could extend his run for the longest possible time. He’s also the only actor to cross 250 crore mark, three times in a row and the 300 crore mark, two times in a row.
Check out the list below:
- Salman Khan (11 films – 8 years – unbroken) – Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger, Dabangg 2, Jai Ho, Kick, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Sultan, Tubelight
- Shahrukh Khan (6 films – 4 years) – Ra One, Don 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Chennai Express, Happy New Year, Dilwale (ended with FAN)
- Akshay Kumar (4 films – 1 year – unbroken) – Airlift, Housefull 3, Rustom, Jolly LLB 2
- Aamir Khan (3 films – 3 years – unbroken) – Dhoom 3, PK, Dangal
- Hrithik Roshan (3 films – 3 years) – Agneepath, Krrish 3, Bang Bang (ended with Mohenjo Daro)