The latest news and updates from Bollywood – February 9th 2012.
- Amitabh Bachchan to undergo abdominal surgery on February 11th. The legendary actor has been suffering from stomach ailments for quite sometime now. He will first undergo a CT scan and then the surgery.
- Hollywood star Jennifer Lopez will visit India next month to perform for Raj Kundra and Sanjay Dutt’s mixed martial arts league.
- Imran Khan’s wife Avantika will be seen in Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu. She makes an appearance with Imran in a song. Avantika is considered as a lucky charm as she also made such apperances in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and I Hate Luv Storys. Both films did well at the box-office.
- Anil Kapoor and Emraan Hashmi are the lead stars in Rensil D’Silva’s second film after Kurbaan.
- Mallika Sherawat has been cast opposite Irrfan Khan in a Sudhir Mishra film (as producer). Mallika plays the role of a woman who physically abuses her husband!
- Akshat Verma, the script writer of Delhi Belly, is currently busy writing a script for Yashraj Films.
- Vivek Oberoi has said, he never signed ‘Shootout at Wadala’. He read the script, but didn’t like his role.
Rumours (unconfirmed reports)
- Shahrukh Khan, who is currently down with fever, may not attend the premier of Don 2 in Berlin.
- To work with Rajniknath in Kochadaiyaan, Deepika Padukone has opted out of Race 2. The producer of Race 2, Ramesh Taurani, has supposedly said he has never seen such unprofessional behavior in his career.
- Akshay Kumar has several roles in his home production ‘OH MY GOD’
- Saif and Kareena may not get married this year, as they are simply too occupied with work.
Quotes of the day
- “Daughter (Suhana) just reprimanded me. How can you be the HT survey youth role model if you smoke. So to all the youths out there… please don’t smoke!!” says SRK after being voted as the biggest youth role model in the country by Hindustan Times.
- “I hope Bollywood starts shooting films in Kashmir. My uncle (Nasir Hussain) used to shoot his films here” says Aamir Khan during his visit Kashmir.
- “I’ll be directing a film in the near future” says actor John Abraham
- “I’m a Romeo at heart. I am waiting for my Juliet.” says Neil Nitin Mukesh to Filmfare
- “If Ranbir’s films are doing well, it does not affect me. Salman Khan has been giving huge hits but that doesn’t affect Aamir’s” says Imran Khan when asked to comment about Ranbir Kapoor.
- “I had written the role for Vidya, Asin can never fit into the part. Kangana was my second choice.” says a miffed Sanjay Gupta, on reports that Asin had been approached for a role in Shootout at Wadala.
- “A loose T-shirt means that I’m concealing a baby bump, it’s disgusting” says Kareena Kapoor to the media, one reports that she was hiding her pre-marital pregnany!
Any other news, rumors or quotes – Please share in the comments section below.