Last Flop of Bollywood Actors
Below is a Top 12 list of some of the most bankable stars in Bollywood. We have ordered them based on their films that last failed at the box-office.
- 12. Abhishek Bachchan (Players in January 2012) – Abhishek has been going through a bad patch. He has a few promising films lined up for release though – Bol Bachchan, Dhoom 3 and Dostana 2.
- 11. Ajay Devgan (Rascals in October 2011) – Undoubtedly enjoying the best phase of his career. Apart from Rascals, Ajay has delivered blockbusters like Golmaal 3, Rajneeti and Singham.
- 10. Shahid Kapoor (Mausam in September 2011) – Shahid is badly in need of a big hit. His last film to recover investment for all it’s distributors was Jab We Met in 2007.
- 9. Saif Ali Khan (Aarakshan in August 2011) – Agent Vinod is crucial for Saif, whose last hit was Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal.
- 8. Akshay Kumar (Patiala House in February 2011) – There was a time when every Akshay film worked, but the success ratio of his films has dropped alarmingly in the last couple of years. He’s still one of the most popular actors in the country, but bad choice of films has also significantly decreased the opening numbers at the box-office. Films like Rowdy Rathore and Housefull 2 should push him back into the top league.
- 7. Imran Khan (Break Ke Baad in November 2010) – Imran has delivered 4 back-to-back hits in Delhi Belly, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and Ek Main Aur Ek Tu.
- 6. Hrithik Roshan (Guzaarish in November 2010) – Hrithik has more than made up for his two disasters in 2010, with two mega-hits Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Agneepath.
- 5. Emraan Hashmi (Crook in October 2010) – We cannot emphasize more on ‘under-rated’. Emraan has been consistently delivering hits ever since he made his debut with Footpath. Films like Murder 2, The Dirty Picture were two of the biggest grossers of his career.
- 4. Salman Khan (London Dreams in October 2009) – Veer didn’t do too well the box-office, but didn’t ‘Flop’ either. Since 2010, Salman has hit a purple patch with blockbusters like Ready, Bodyguard and Dabangg.
- 3. Ranbir Kapoor (Saawariya in November 2007) – Ranbir stumbled on debut, but apart from Rocket Singh (below average), all his films have done reasonably well. Rajneeti and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani are his biggest hits.
- 2. Shahrukh Khan (Paheli in June 2005) – Since 2005, every single SRK film has managed atleast ‘HIT’ status. Films like Om Shanti Om, Chak De India and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi were ‘Blockbusters’.
- 1. Aamir Khan (Mela in January 2000) – Aamir takes the top spot. His last film that was rejected at the box-office was more than 12 years ago! Mangal Pandey didn’t do too well at the box-office, but due to it’s bumper opening managed ‘Average’ business. Since then Aamir has delivered hits that have also received tremendous critical acclaim. 3 Idiots and Ghajini were record-breaking blockbusters.
Liked reading this article? Do tell us what you think in the comments section below