Note: Due to server issues, the prediction is being published late. But our final prediction of Rs 14.25 crore for ‘Jolly LLB 2’ was published last night and also posted on our official Twitter handle.
Akshay Kumar’s Jolly LLB 2 is the big release this week and it’s arguably the most-anticipated film featuring the superstar in a very long time. The reason for this is his phenomenal run in 20166 which included a success like Housefull 3 and super-hits like Airlift and Rustom.
The slide of Hrithik Roshan and the rise of Akshay Kumar has coincided, cementing Akshay’s spot as one of the Top 4 actors in the industry.
‘Jolly LLB 2’ has a lot of factors in its favour, here are some of them:
- Promos: The first theatrical trailer of ‘Jolly LLB 2’ got a good response, while the second trailer which they put-out closer to release raised expectations further.
- 2 open weeks: During times when several big films are releasing in the same week, getting two open weeks at the box office has now become a luxury. ‘Jolly LLB 2’ has two weeks all for itself, giving the film a chance to gross big if the content clicks.
- Akshay Kumar: A lot has changed in the last couple of years for Akshay Kumar. The multiplex audience are back in theatres and since that’s where the big money is, his films are expected to become bigger grossers.
- Sequel: The first film featuring Arshad Warsi did not go on to be a big hit at the box office. But it did well enough to cross the 32 crore mark, for a small film without much face-value. The sequel has been made on a small budget too, but it features a superstar which should help the film attract pan-India audience.
The downsides of Jolly LLB 2
- Period of release: The last couple of months have been heavy. Dangal was watched and re-watched. Then came two big releases Raees and Kaabil. So unless ‘Jolly LLB 2’ carries positive word-of-mouth, the audience is unlikely to come out in big numbers.
- Music: It isn’t important for music to be a hit for a film like ‘Jolly LLB 2’, but a couple of popular songs would’ve helped the film get that further push at smaller centres.
IndicineFBO: We expect ‘Jolly LLB 2’ to open at Rs 14.25 crore on Day 1 and grow further on the second and third day at the box office. If the opening is in the 15 crore range, the film is a success on the first day itself – unless the reports are extremely poor, which is unlikely.
— Indicine.com (@indicine) February 9, 2017
IF VERY GOOD (positive word-of-mouth)
- Day 1 – 15 cr
- Day 2 – 17 cr
- Day 3 – 19 cr
- First Week – 80 cr
- Final – 135 cr + (Super Hit)
IF AVERAGE (mixed response)
- Day 1 – 14 cr
- Day 2 – 15 cr
- Day 3 – 16 cr
- First Week – 67 cr
- Final – 95 cr (Hit)
IF BAD (worst case scenario)
- Day 1 – 14 cr
- Day 2 – 14 cr
- Day 3 – 15 cr
- First Week – 58 cr
- Lifetime – 65 cr (Flop)