January 2010 is packed with several big releases along with a few small, but very interesting films lined up for release. Check them out.
January 8th 2010
- Pyaar Impossible – The first release of the year is a Yashraj Film written and produced by Uday Chopra. Pyaar Impossible stars Priyanka Chopra and Uday himself, who returns to the big screen after more than 3 years – his last release was Dhoom 2 in 2006. Pyaar Impossible is a beauty meets geek tale, a date film directed by Jugal Hansraj. Fathiya, one of our readers here, has already watched the film and posted her short review.
- Dulha Mil Gaya – Shahrukh Khan fans desperate to watch him on the big screen, after a long long time, would probably be the only ones to watch this much-delayed film. Also starring Fardeen Khan and Sushmita Sen, Dulha Mil Gaya is directed by Mudassar Aziz.
January 15th 2010
- Chance Pe Dance – Shahid Kapoor on a high after Kaminey returns with the lovely Genelia D’Souza in this Ken Ghosh (Ishq Vishq) directed film on ‘strugglers’. The hype is strangely missing.
- Hello! Hum Lallan Bol Rahe Hain – Also releasing on 15th is this Rajpal Yadav, Preeti Mehra comedy directed by Dileep Shukla.
- Idiot Box – The third release of the week stars Sushant Singh (The Legend Of Bhagat Singh) and Hrishita Bhatt. Idiot box is directed by Sunanda Mitra. Can ‘Idiot’ in the title do the trick for this low budget film or will it go unnoticed?
January 22nd 2010
- Veer – Salman Khan’s most ambitious period film Veer, is the biggest and most expensive release of the month. The movie also stars Zarine Khan, Jackie Shroff, Mithun Chakraborty and Sohail Khan. Directed by Anil Sharma of Gadar fame, it remains to be seen if Veer can match or surpass the super success of Hrithik Roshan’s Jodha Akbar.
Janaury 29th 2010
- Rann – Ram Gopal Varma has been terribly inconsistent in the last 2 -3 years. Apart from Sarkar Raj and Phoonk, he has gone wrong with every other film. We don’t really know what to expect, it could go either way – great or awfully bad. The promos look good though. Rann stars Amitabh Bachchan, Paresh Rawal, Ritesh Deshmukh, Suchitra Krishnamurthy, Mohnish Behl, Rajat Kapoor, Gul Panag, Neetu Chandra, Rajpal Yadav and Sudeep (Kannada superstar)
- Ishqiya – Is our pick for the month. Three of the most talented actors in the industry – Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi and Vidya Balan – come together in this crime thriller produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and directed by Abhishek Chaubhey.
- Road to Sangam – Is a patriotic film directed by débutante director Amit Rai. The movie stars Paresh Rawal, Om Puri, Pawan Malhotra amongst others.
Biggest release of the month – Veer
Most awaited film of the month – Veer
Our picks for each week – Pyaar Impossible, Chance Pe Dance, Veer, Ishqiya
You can pick your 4 movies of the month too. Just vote below (upto 4)