- Posted in : Bollywood
- September 18th, 2012.
Highest Tax Payers in Bollywood 2012
Salman Khan, the numero uno superstar of Bollywood, has topped the list of highest tax payers in Bollywood, what with his latest release Ek Tha Tiger grossing more than 300 crores worldwide. For the July-September quarter, Salman paid advance tax of Rs 8 crores, compared to Rs 5 crores that he paid for the same period last year.
Akshay Kumar, who has consistently topped the highest tax payers list in the last 5 years, came second and paid Rs 7.5 crores as advance tax (5 crores last year).
Salman’s arch-rival Shahrukh Khan paid Rs 5 crores, while good friend Aamir Khan who hasn’t had a release in 3 years paid Rs 3.5 crores.
Among the leading ladies, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who has been away after her pregnancy, topped the list with 3 crores. She is followed by Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor who paid Rs 2.6 crores and Rs 2.2 crores respectively.
- 1. Salman Khan – 8 crores (5 crore same period last year)
- 2. Akshay Kumar – 7.5 crores (5 crore)
- 3. Shahrukh Khan – 5 crores (same last year)
- 3. Amitabh Bachchan – 5 crores (1.7 crore)
- 5. Aamir Khan – 3.25 crores (4.5 crore)
- 6. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – 3 crores (1.1 crore)
- 7. Katrina Kaif – 2.6 crores (1.7 crore)
- 8. Kareena Kapoor – 2.2 crores (1.5 crore)