The 3rd ETC Business Awards 2012, to recognise and felicitate the most profitable and successful films/stars of 2012 was held in Mumbai.
Salman Khan was awarded the Most Profitable Actor, while Katrina Kaif was recognised as the Most Profitable actress of 2012. Ek Tha Tiger, which came close to beating the 3 year old record of 3 Idiots, was awarded the ‘Highest grossing film’ title.
Ek Tha Tiger also won several other awards – Highest grossing director (Kabir Khan), Most Profitable Banner (Yash Raj Films), Most Profitable producer (Aditya Chopra), Best Marketed film of the year.
Akshay Kumar (Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, Joker, Oh My God) and Sonakshi Sinha (Rowdy Rathore, Joker, Dabangg 2) won awards for the Highest Grossing Actors.
ETC Bollywood Business Awards was hosted by trade analyst Komal Nahta.
ETC Business Awards 2012 Winners
- Most Profitable Actor – Salman Khan (won in 2011 and 2010 too)
- Most Profitable Actress – Katrina Kaif
- Top Grossing Film of the Year – Ek Tha Tiger
- Highest Grossing Actor – Akshay Kumar
- Highest Grossing Actress – Sonakshi Sinha
- Highest Grossing Director – Kabir Khan (Ek Tha Tiger)
- Most Profitable Actor Overseas – Shahrukh Khan
- Most Profitable Banner – Yashraj Films
- Most Profitable Producer – Aditya Chopra
- Most Successful Music Director – Sajid-Wajid
- Box Office Surprise Hit of the Year – Kahaani
- Most Successful Small Budget Film – Vicky Donor
- Best Marketed Film of the Year – Ek Tha Tiger
- Most popular song of 2012 – Chikni Chameli
- Best Cinema Chain – Big Cinemas
- Most Profitable Male Debut – Ayushmann Khurana (Vicky Donor)
- Most Profitable Female Debut – Ileana D’Cruz (Barfi)
- Most Popular Trailer – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Best Music Company – T Series
- Most Successful Foreign Film – The Amazing Spiderman
- Excellence in International Distribution – Eros International
- Highest single day collection – Ek Tha Tiger