Film critic and trade analyst Joginder Tuteja answers a few questions from Indicine readers. 5 more questions like ‘What if a Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan film clash?’, ‘Box office expectations from Krrish 3′ and more will be answered tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Will Khiladi 786 cross Rowdy Rathore’s business? – Rajat
- While 100 crores is a given for ‘Khiladi 786′, for the film to cross ‘Rowdy Rathore’, the content has to be the driving factor. If the film is reasonably entertaining, there are chances of it to become Akshay Kumar’s highest box office grosser till date since it has two open weeks all for itself.
Can Dabangg 2 earn 20 crores plus on its first day? – Addi Malik
- Most comfortably, despite releasing on a non-holiday Friday.
What is the response to the ‘Dabangg 2′ trailer? – Hamid Ali
- Very good. The promo has pretty much established what ‘Dabangg’ stands as a brand and the makers have done the right thing by not fiddling around with the film’s core texture. Of course there would always be reactions on the contrary as well (which is expected) but between those who want to watch the film after seeing the promo versus others who may not have been as excited, the gap is huge.
Will Arbaaz Khan live up to people’s expectation? After all, ‘Dabangg 2′ is his debut as director and he hasn’t been a successful actor either? – Tarun Bohra
- You never know how a career shift may work for someone in Bollywood. Remember Rakesh Roshan?
What genre does PK belong to and what is it’s story? Can you share anything about the film? – Ali Feroz
- Unfortunately there is nothing to be shared. We are talking about people like Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan who always keep cards close to their chest as far as the core plotline of their films is concerned. Considering the fact that the film hasn’t even gone on floors yet, don’t even expect anyone associated with the film to be sharing anything whatsoever about it in the near future.
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder
You can ask Joginder a question – just fill the form below.